Saturday, September 29, 2007

Autumn


OK the next challenge/question with the Felted Bag swap group is about Autumn, why do I like Autumn.


This really is my favorite time of the year - for many reasons. My birthday is in Sept and I have some good memories growing up. Probably my favorite is the feeling of the air in autumn. I live in Michigan so we experience the changing of the colors, the wonderful oranges and reds and browns. The air smells different than any other time of the year. I can't say that I enjoy the work involved with autumn, raking leaves, putting things away for winter - but the good far outweighs the bad with this season.
This picture was taken in my back yard - early autumn last year. What's not to love?

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a great place to have a hot chocolate in the late afternoon! I bet there's kids laughing somewhere in the background.

Knit Witch said...

Not any more - mine are grown. But you are right, it is a great place to just relax and enjoy the outdoor sounds, birds and all. In the late evening we get a bat ballet which is loads of fun.